2101 Eastern Blvd., The Courtyard, Suite 322, Montgomery, AL 36117
To Give Help or To Get Help Dial: 2-1-1, Administrative Phone: 334.264.3335
HandsOn River Region (HON-RR) operates under the umbrella of the Volunteer and Information Center (VIC) a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Since 1974, HandsOn River Region has connected people with service opportunities in the River Region to build a stronger community.
HandsOn River Region is an affiliate of the River Region United Way, Points of Light and HandsOn Network, the largest volunteer network in the country and The Alliance of Information & Referral Service (AIRS).
HandsOn River Region
* supports more than 170 nonprofits, schools & faith based organizations
* connects an average of 10,000 volunteers annually
* partners with area businesses and local government sectors
* volunteers give more than 50,000 hours of service annually, equaling $1 million
dollars worth of service to the community and changes countless lives
We Work at the Center of the Community
Collaborating with nonprofits, businesses, governments and individuals to
identify key community needs and address those needs
We Make It Easy
* Managing volunteer recruitment, scheduling and oversight so nonprofits don't
* Providing project ideas and choices to businnesses and individuals so
they don't have to do the legwork
* Acting as the liaison between nonprofits and individual/business volunteers
* Managing entire volunteer experience ensuring meaningful outcomes for all
We Provide Flexibility
* Opportunities for nearly every interest and schedule
* Annual service days such as,
Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration,
Make A Difference Day,
National Volunteer Week,
9/11 Corporate Day of Service,
Opportunities for large groups & companies
We Create Action and Discussion
Promoting community engagement and leadership
HandsOn River Regioncreates positive change by making it easy for individuals and
businesses to share time and talent with area nonprofits, schools and neighborhoods.
HON-RR would like to extend special THANKS to the following for their support of our 2-1-1 Connects South Central Alabama and HandsOn River Region Volunteer Programs.